Share this blog
- Morfik Discussion Forums rules and guidelines
- MDA Release: The FacebookLike Package
- MDA Release: The Rating Package
- MDA Release: The HTML5 Video Package
- MDA Release: The Accordion Package
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (3)
- August 2010 (4)
- July 2010 (5)
- June 2010 (4)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (9)
- February 2010 (17)
- January 2010 (19)
What lies ahead!
When driving a software product, it is tempting to create a road map studded with desired features, and bullet points that respond to every request from users and prospective customers. But experience has shown that a customer should ultimately make their decision based on whether the current state of the product is a good fit for them or not. We do realise the importance of a roadmap for project planning and certain kinds of decision making. However, we are also wary of the risk that goes with selling tomorrow over today, through promises which could lead to potential disappointment and possible disillusionment.
So starting in 2010, as a new way of providing information on development progress, we have chosen to use technology previews and product announcements, rather than continuing with the road map and timeline methods.
In this blog I am happy to share with you news of two upcoming releases:
- The release of the updated product technical documentation by the end of Q1 2010. This will be accompanied by a special release of Morfik software that will provide context- sensitive links to the new documentation content.
- The release of Morfik 3.0 in Q2 2010. This release will include the following new features and enhancements:
- Significant improvements to widgets and packages architecture and implementation
- New controls, as well as enhancements to existing controls
- Highly-improved continuous editable forms
- Support for internationalization
- Support for animation and special graphical effects when controls change state or are moved.
- Introduction of abstract data source
- Improvements to the built-in debug browser
- General bug fixing and improvements in software stability
We will elaborate further on these items in the coming weeks and through technology previews will share specific information about key new features.
Please note that this list is subject to change, and is not meant to outline every specific feature that will be included. There will also be additional maintenance releases as needed.
Pricing and availability
As with any development work, it’s hard to predict exactly when things will land, so we’ve stayed away from specific dates and only provided timing indications, in terms of the quarter in which they are intended to be released. But please bear in mind that these can change.
As for pricing, we are pleased to advise that MDA premium subscribers will be able to upgrade to V3 for free as a part of their annual subscription benefit. For those without an MDA Premium subscription, the upgrade price will be $399. Any customer who has purchased Morfik 2.0 in 2010 will receive a free upgrade to Morfik 3.0.