Share this blog
- Morfik Discussion Forums rules and guidelines
- MDA Release: The FacebookLike Package
- MDA Release: The Rating Package
- MDA Release: The HTML5 Video Package
- MDA Release: The Accordion Package
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (3)
- August 2010 (4)
- July 2010 (5)
- June 2010 (4)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (8)
- February 2010 (17)
- January 2010 (20)
Using Morfik Deployment Automation Services on your own servers
Any new and revolutionary technology will face the dilemma of supply and demand prerequisites for third party support. Generally, third parties will wait until demand for a service reaches a level that ensures profitability before providing such a service. Web hosting is no exception to this rule and Morfik has specifically developed its deployment technology with this in mind.
To address this challenge Morfik has developed its deployment technology with four main objectives:
- to facilitate third party hosting services by ensuring all required software components are easily available
- to create a Deployment Automation Service (DAS) that can be made available for use on any server
- to entice commercial operators to offer third party hosting for Morfik applications by making available to them the Deployment Automation Service feature of Morfik that would reduce their costs and improve profitability
- to improve the competitive position of Morfik developers in the corporate market with the option of offering Morfik Deployment Automation Service features for corporate servers
After a long development cycle and participation by many, we have now reached our second objective. We are now in a position to offer DAS as a stand-alone service on third party servers.
The product is now available as a public beta. We plan to release the product in the next few weeks after we finalize the pricing. You do not need to wait until then if you wish to test the application. Simply download the beta version of the product and take it for a test run.
We recommend the following steps:
- Read this blog by Shahram Mirkazemi in which he explains how auto-deployment works.
- Follow the steps described in Shahram’s blog and auto-deploy one of your xApps as a demo on our hosting service.
- Download Morfik DAS beta software (the AGENT).
- Follow the instructions to install and register the software.
- Take the Morfik Deployment Automation Service for a test drive.
- Tell us what you think.
If you are happy with your hosting service provider and wish that they would offer hosting for Morfik applications, by all means bring to their attention the Morfik Deployment Automation Service. Morfik will try to assist third party hosting service providers with a smooth transition.
We will describe the technology behind Morfik Deployment Automation Services (DAS) in future blogs, but here is a brief overview of its components.
There are three high-level entities involved in the infrastructure:
- MorfikSpace Active Directory Services (ADS)—provides authentication and access control as well as configuration information about the deployment server and how to find it.
- Server Deployment Agent (AGENT)—the software that gets installed on the server to automate the process. This software is automatically updated when a new version of the software is made available.
- Morfik IDE—provides the front-end for auto-deployment.
Please share your opinions and experience with everyone by posting comments to this blog.